My hobby is in an utter and complete CHAOS.
For this reason, I’m starting to categorize what I do, and following the next advice as found in 40k Grown Ups FB Group.
Sean Gleen 3rd November 2018
» Just build, the paint. Work on a unit of 5 models at a time. You’ll learn as you go, and the next five will be better. Get good lights, so you can see what you’re doing. Get a good chair, so you’re confortable. Don’t build or paint when you’re in a hurry, and stop if you feel frustrated.
Having the right tools at hand makes everything easier, so set out your clipper, files, hobby glue etc, when you start».
In addition, this would serve as a way to ID the different bits and parts of projects, in the different boxes (as opposed to now, since everthing is everywhere). Also to include sketches, ideas, colour palletes, etc. And keep the lore in the lore section.
+ 01 IMPERIUM – ASTRA MILITARUM+
++01.01 ASTRA MILITARUM Chem Dogs++
- based on catachans, with random models.
- Perhaps victoria miniature respirator heads?
++01.02 ASTRA MILITARUM – Noctan Guard++
- Neophyte bodies + Skiitari vanguard heads
- Perhaps add pauldrons?
++01.03 ASTRA MILITARUM Minervan Legions++
- Cadian bodies
- Bigger left side pauldron?
- Scion heads
- Extend great coat
++01.04 ASTRA MILITARUM – Pyran Dragoons++ ++ MECHANIZED++
- Scion bodies?
- Remove faulds?
- What heads? Heavy infantry? Pistoleer? Victoria helmets? I dunno, really.
++01.05 ASTRA MILITARUM – Heavy Infantry? ++
- Based on Vostroyan with different – nonretarded heads.
++01.06 ASTRA MILITARUM – Steampunk legions++
- Based on this AWESOME conversion by https://www.instagram.com/le_bourgeoisee/ Christian Burger
- MaxMinieu Steam Knight Heads? Or else.
- Bodies from imperials (warhammer imperials, perhaps Orlocks and other gangers+ Random guys, rifles from Skiitari rangers, heads from MM.
- HEAVY STEAMPUNK
- Pauldrons from Anvil Industries, perhaps
IDEA: Base of Tech-Thralls with «human» arms, better LAS LOCKS (Heads propbably part of body)
++01.07 ASTRA MILITARUM – Armoured Company++
- Lemman Russ company, or platoon
++01.08 ASTRA MILITARUM – Armoured Company++
- A different kind of tank, perhaps Macharius?
++01.09 ASTRA MILITARUM – Artillery Battery++
+ 02 IMPERIUM – ADEPTUS ASTARTES+
++02.01 ADEPTUS ASTARTES – Angels of Perdition ++
- Or perhaps sons of Guilliman?
- Use quartered scheme.
- Design company clasffication.
- All Primaris
Perhaps a conversion such as:
++02.02 ADEPTUS ASTARTES – Black Templars ++
- They’re badass, and they’re everywhere. So it’s perfect.
- The most orkish of the Space Marines!!
- True scale conversions. (It’s only fair…)
REFERENCES: BLACK LIBRARY – The Third War for Armageddon
+ 03 IMPERIUM – OTHER FORCES +
++03.01 ASTRA MILITARUM – Schola Progenium #1++
- Based on the SAS like Storm Troopers
++03.02 ASTRA MILITARUM – Inquisitorial Stormtroopers++
Based on space marines modified armour. Perhaps?
Use helmeted heads.
++03.03 ROGUE TRADER ++
- Different warriors with different styles, some based on TAU high tech suits (humanized!!)
- A bunch of stuff grouped together.
++03.04 MINISTORUM MILITIA ++
- Based on Cawdor miniatures + other stuff?
- Perhaps ragtag PigIron miniatures
++03.05 KNIGHTS ++
++03.06 VOSS PRIME SKIITARI++
- However, the main scheme is terribad.
- Perhaps Demios Forge World color scheme?
- Or subvert Voss Prime into Brown and White? Dunno.
- Use mongrel skiitari, more machine than human, with big blocks of machine embedded into their boddies.
- Try ramshackle heads for them
01 – 03 IDEAS FOR IMPERIUM:
A regiment based on the miniatures by WARZONE game, those 30-60 plastics, with ramshackle heads.
A regiment based on ADMECH, and then, Skiitari based on random
CAWDOR + Skiitari heads. Also convert in Skiitari parts to remove the ragtag.
CONSIDER those miniatures by PigIron
Armageddon Steel Legion
Some based on FW
Perhaps other forces such as:
- Asgardian Rangers
- Elysian Drop Troops
- Ocanan Phalanx Troops
- Semtexian Bombardiers
- Zouvan Skirmishers
Chimeras like this:
+04 – CHAOS+
++04.01 CHAOS BADDIES++
- A hodge podge of different marines and other traitors, of no particular legion? Or perhaps BLACK LEGION. Or RED CORSAIRS (but they’re too far from Armageddon sector to be considered)
++04.02 DEATH GUARD++
- Painted white and green. Mainly white!
- Is it possible to de-nurglify some of them to make loyalists?? Don’t think it’s worth it.
++04.03 RENEGADE REGIMENT++
- Organized renegade regiment, with armoured forces and certain degree of militarization
++04.04 RENEGADE MILITIA++
- Chaos Rabble
- Some random demons for other games or else.
++04.06 RENEGADE KNIGHTS++
++04.07 30K WORLD EATERS++
MAybe not the best of ideas…
+05 XENOS: ORKS+
++05.01 ORKS – DEATHSKULL CLAN OF WARBOSS (This is quite important, innit??)++
- Infantry based:
++05.02 ORKS – KULT OF SPEED Of WARBOSS [NAME] <— ALSO DEATHSKULL++
- Trucks, buggies, tanks, motorbikes.
- Includes the infantry to be carried out in the vehicles, such as tankbustas
- Bombers and fighter bommers
- Mobile artillery
++05.03 MEKSHOP OF BIGMEK [NAME]++
++05.04 ORKS – SAVAGE BOYS ++
- Infantry, Squiggoths
- Based on Endless Space Cravers
++06.02 TYRANIDS – HIVE FLEET++
- Hive fleet, less humanized and less retarded
- To be used in many games.
- Perhaps expand into Genestealer Cult?